Product Code : MTTOM-106
The apparatus consists of a plain steel shaft excavated in a bearing and directly driven by a FHP Motor. The bearing is freely supported on the shaft and sealed at the motor end. The speed of the motor is controlled by the speed control unit. One compound pressure gauge is mounted on Bearing to measure the pressure at different position around the circumference. Bearing is free to rotate and can be adjusted at any position of circular scale. The bearing can be loaded by attaching weights to the arm supported beneath it.
• Journal : Diameter 50 mm
• Bearing : Diameter 55 mm
• Weights : 2kg & 1kg – 2Nos. each
• Drive : Variable speed FHP Motor with speed controlling unit.
• Oil recommended : SAE 40 • Pressure measurement : Compound Pressure gauge (-1 to 1) Kg/cm2
• Control Panel comprises of : RPM measurement : Digital RPM indicator with proximity sensor (non contact type) Variac, Standard make on-off switch, mains indicator & fuse etc.
• An ENGLISH instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus.
• The whole set-up is well designed and arranged on a rigid structure painted with industrial PU Paint
Experimentation/learning objectives• To study the pressure profile of lubricating oil at various conditions of load and speed.
• Plotting the Cartesian polar pressure curves
• Electricity supply: Single Phase, 230 V AC, 50 Hz, 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection. Earth voltage should be less than 5 volts.
• Floor Area : 1.0 m x 1.0 m • Oil SAE 40: 5 Ltrs. (approx.