Product Code : MTRAC-107
The unit enables the students to study the Basic Principals of ice plant cycle within a short period. The test rig is designed for the study of thermodynamics of vapour Compression refrigeration cycle by way of demonstration and experimentation. It has a facility to measure various parameters for experimentation. Ice cans are kept in liquid tank, which is cooled by the refrigerant evaporator. As conventional ice plants take 12-24 hours to complete the cycle, this ice plant is specially designed to demonstrate process of ice formation to be complete within period of 4 hours and hence it is most suitable for laboratory use
• Compressor : Hermitically sealed compressor, reciprocating type. Emerson Copeland make.
• Refrigerant : R-134A • Condenser : Air cooled compatible to compressor
• Condenser Cooling Fan : Compatible capacity with permanent lubricated motor.
• Evaporator : Brine tank, made of Stainless Steel, Insulated with ceramic wool/P.U.F.
• Agitator : Compatible capacity, for mixing of solution in evaporator • Expansion Device : Capillary Tube, Compatible capacity.
• Pressure Gauges : 2 Nos. (For suction & discharge pressure)
• Safety Control : Overload and over current protectors for compressor and Time delay circuit, Low/high voltage auto-cut.
• Temperature Sensor : RTD PT-100 Type.
• Control Panel comprises of : Digital Voltmeter : 0-500 V Digital Ammeter : 0-19.99 Amp. Temperature Measurement : Digital Temperature Indicator with multi-channel switch. With mains indicator, Standard make On-off switch etc.
• All Other accessories like Hand shut off valves, filter drier, Thermostat (Danfoss make) & Ice tray (made of Stainless steel) will be provided.
• An ENGLISH instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus.
• The whole set-up is well designed and arranged on a rigid structure painted with industrial PU Paint
• To study the working of Ice Plant.
• To Study the refrigerator circuit.
• To Calculate Co-efficient of performance
• Electric supply: Single Phase, 220V AC, 50 Hz, 5-15 Amp combined socket with earth connection. Earth voltage should be less than 5 volts.
• Water supply: Initial fill
• Floor area: 1.5 m x 1m
• Ethyl Glycol: 25 Ltr